11 October 2009

Kornilv Command base

Finished my company command base. These fellas are part of the famous Kornilov Shock Regiment that fought in south Russia 1917-1920. It was one of the so-called colourful units, the "official" uniform was black or dark blue trousers, Black shirt plus a red cap. But only some higher ranks officers wore the full dress. The vast majority wore everything they could get, mainly Imperial Russian uniform items. This officer was lucky enough to get a brandnew british jacket.

4 comments:

  1. I love your painting! Can I ask what colours you used on the base?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks mate! I love your painting-style too! The base is undercoated with cheap brown paint, it´s close to Burnt Umber I think. Than drybrush with Canvas A followed by Canvas B. I think I´ve got this recipe from your site a time ago?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The stones are VMC German Grey drybrushed several times with more Bonewhite mixed in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! I had forgot about the Canvas A and B, base colours!

    ReplyDelete